Forklift Certification & Forklift Training Classes
Offering Courses in Tulsa & Muskogee, OK
Southern Material Handling Company offers three different solutions for forklift certification. All solutions were created to comply with the OSHA requirements for powered indusrtial truck operator training (29 CFR 1910.178(1)).
The three options we offer are:
- On-Site Operator Training
- Combination - Our Site and Your Site
- Train the Trainer
On-Site Operator Training & Combination Our Site & Your Site Forklift Training
Training consists of:
- Formal Instruction - lecture, discussion, video tape and written testing.
- Practical Training - pre-shift trucks inspection, truck controls, instructor demonstration and student practice time.
- Operator Evaluation - with-in 30 days our trainer will visit your site to perform an on-site, truck-specific operator's evaluation.
FEE: $89.50 PER STUDENT
***SPECIAL NOTE: OSHA states that operators must be trained on the specific class of forklift(s) that they will operate (pallet truck, stand up, sit down, etc.). Brand of forklift does not make a difference. Additional fee of $45.00 per student for each additional class of forklift they will operate.
Train the Trainer
Training consists of:
- THEORY / CLASSROOM TRAINING—You will be taken through a typical classroom training session with videos, discussion, and written, multiple-choice tests. You will be provided step-by-step notes on how to lead a class. You will be provided one copy of each video used. You will also be given reproducible copies of the test as well as the answer key.
- PRACTICAL TRAINING—You will be shown how to perform a pre-operational inspection and how to set up an obstacle course to evaluate your lift truck operators. Guidelines for setting up your own obstacle course will be included as well as reproducible, practical evaluation forms.
- FORMAL EVALUATION—Southern Material Handling Company will provide you with reproducible evaluation forms for your safety personnel to use during this final phase of operator certification, as well as ten operator permit cards.
TRAIN THE TRAINER FEE:Complete package - First Person......$875.00. Additional person(s) $525.00 (training binder only, no video). Additional material (permit cards, videos, safety booklets, etc.) may be purchased at any time from Southern Material Handling Company. A price list is available upon request.
***SPECIAL NOTE: OSHA states that operators must be trained on the specific class of forklifts that they will operate (pallet truck, stand up, sit down, etc.). Brand of forklift does not make a difference. Additional fee of $45.00 per student for each additional class of forklift they will operate.
Give us a call or visit one of our locations to find out more about our forklift training and certification programs available in Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Sapulpa, Bixby, and Muskogee.